The Agonies of a Creative Mind

I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Name:
Location: Mountaineer Country!!!, West Virginia, United States

I'm a rather quiet person, and enjoy Laughter. I read alot,love listening to music, watch movies while crocheting (mostly in winter) and do alot of writing for my own personal satisfaction. I am a 24 Addict and I am an avid collector of Unicorns, Pegasus, Dragons & Wizards, and also collect Post-It Notes & Antique Books. I have a very sarcastic, slightly warped sense of humour, which gets me in trouble at times.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Should the walls come tumbling down?

Yesterday, I read an interesting blog and it made me think about my own situation some. It was by a gentleman seeking a wife. (Nope, sorry didnt apply for the job) but it really made me think, about where I am,where I am going, and where in the happy hell do I want to end up?
The gentleman who wrote the wife-seeking blog seems to have all his answers and knows exactly what it is that he wants. That is the part that made me start thinking. It was as if you could see a list in his head: this done, this done, this do to ..... all neat and organized and moving onto the next step. Little checkmarks next to the things he has already done. I look at my brain and there isnt that many checkmarks..... a few, but mostly still things mulling around, causing havoc.

See, I am in this self-imposed empty shell right now, and I rarely have contact with people. Actually, I am very hesitant to approach people because it seems as if, no matter what, I end up being misunderstood and hurt. So about 3 years ago, I wrapped myself up in a very thick concrete wall, and its still here.
I learned how to not need anyone. I learned how to simply not answer the phone until it finally stopped ringing. I finally had it disconnected as I didnt use it. I quit 'going out' with my friends. Online friends? I have kept in touch with two. Two out of the dozens I used to have. The two, Kev and Chris, dont agree with my self-imposed walls, but they still love me and understand when I go thru weeks of withdrawl.
So I sit back and wonder why? Why did I do this to myself? Am I ready to get out of it? Am I ready to actually consider going somewhere else other than the grocery store???
And I have no real answers. Sometimes I get very lonely. Thats when I grab a book or watch a movie. I have made it sooooo easy on myself to be alone. I often feel that I am content this way.
Usually.
Lately, I'm finding my own walls harder to maintain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home